phpBB trick how to reduce forum spam

I run a small phpBB forum. 3 days after launching this forum I got my first spam posts. A week later I needed 15 minutes a day to delete all the spams and bann the spammers. So I was looking for another solution then useless captcha.

I found good advise how to reduce forum spam. It is nice and easy solution. Because spammers use robots to make registrations and they never visit your sign up form. They go directly to forum/profile.php?mode=register&agree=true. If you change the word agree (e.g. forum/profile.php?mode=register&agreement=true) you stop more then 90% of them.

How to change it? You can use total commander and search using alt + F7 for phrase agree=true in you phpBB directory. In the files where you will find this phrase use ctrl + h to find and replace.

After making this the spam was really reduced. Time from time I get a registration from a user who never make a post. But no one wrote single spam post.

No comments:

Top Secrets Of Profitable Email List

Building a good email list of customers or partners forms is the integral part of doing business in long term. All websites cannot make i...